Monday, January 12, 2009

Lipton


I used to not like tea, in fact I used to hate it. Than I got fat. Once my weight began to rise, my bride began to admonish my love of Coke, and I must confess that I drank way too much of it. I do love coke. What I, by which I mean Jak, realized was that while Coke is delicious, it is full of calories that could be better used elsewhere. Mainly not on my gut. My biggest problem was that while I would drink water at home, when we went out and a beer was not appropriate, I would drink Coke for lack of anything else to drink. My life changed when Jak made me get Iced Tea at Panera. I hated it. That was not much of a change, but what I discovered was that when I added 3 parts tea to 1 part water, along with an obscene amount of lemon, I loved it. Now I cannot bear to be separated from tea. My new problem became the cravings between visits to Panera, and the associeate costs. Salvation has come in the form of Lipton's Iced Tea Brew, in the family sized bag. Thank you Lipton, for having the same flavor, at a bargain basement price, so now I can drink 2 or 3 quarts a day without feeling a single iota of guilt.

-Nathan

1 comment:

  1. If you take a jug and fill it with water and leave a bunch of tea bags in it for an hour on the windowsill, you get some amazing tea...in case you didn't already know.

    ReplyDelete