Monday, January 12, 2009

A History of the World in 6 Glasses


One of the good things about BOLC III (Basic Officers Leader Course, Phase 3) here at Aberdeen is that I have had a good amount of time to read. While that has entitled lots of fiction as normal, I have also ventured into several good works of non-fiction. Right now I am reading A History of the World in 6 Glasses. It is a good read, and absolutely fascinating. I am proud to share that wonderful beer is in fact one of the contributing factors that has lead to modern civilization. The book also covers the impacts of Wine, Spirits, Coffee, Tea and Coke. If anyone out there is looking for a really good and interesting book, this one has kept me up too late 2 nights in a row, so I would say it qualifies.

-Nathan

No comments:

Post a Comment