Saturday, March 14, 2009

Together At Last!


Well, as the title would imply, for the first time in far far too long Jak and I are back to having our own house to share, not for a few days but for months and months and maybe even years!! I picked up Jak from Frankfurt yesterday and brought her to home, Building 116B, in Graf. She immediately whipped the house, and I into shape before collapsing gratefully into our swimming pool sized tub and than our amazing Serta bed. I must say, whatever those animated sheep do in those commercials, it works. We slept quite well in that! Today brought our first morning together, with Pillsbury Orange Rolls, which Jak has a definite weakness for. We journeyed out today, and went to several bike shops to see what they have. I must report the sad demise of my beloved dinosaur shower curtain, he has been replaced with a flowery one that better matches the decor of the bathroom. In a fair fight, without Jak on his side, my Dinosaur's would eat those wussy flowers. . . Miller

So...I love Germany! Miller and I took a great ride today. There are great bike paths everywhere. It seems like all elderly people have bikes and ride them everywhere! So we shared our lovely path with some older people out for a stroll or ride, as it was Sunday and NOTHING is open on Sundays. It is so nice, as there are little farms everywhere, and these really nice shrines on the sides of all the roads from hundreds of years ago! On a totally unrelated point....In defense of my shower curtain....well...I don't live in a kindergarten, so I am not quite inclined to have dinos in the bathroom. We spent the first couple days here trying to get the place in shape (at least to a point where I would live in it!). If you all want to see what the rest of our place looks like, pictures are on flickr. We have yet to get our living room and office in order, so there are not pictures of those areas or the hall, which I need carpet for. Also, we need to pick up curtain rods, so there are no curtains yet. I really love it here! Our guest room is nice (it is the one with the striped bed spread) and we would love to have some family and friends over here.

4 comments:

  1. We love your apartment. So glad you two lovebirds are finally together again. That's the way it was meant to be. We love you both....Nana and Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place! We miss you! Love, Mum and Bean.

    PS. Helen wants to visit... she heard that many of the restaurants are dog friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteness, total cuteness. I'm with you on the dinos Miller- it was a sad day when that design feature faced extinction.

    I hope to visit this summer (we'll see how the layoffs go). Miss you and love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many have asked "What did Delaware to the party?" And have been told, "A New Jersey." But what I really want to know is - what Grafenwöhr...

    Anyway, let me just say that Pillsbury Orange Rolls rock. Party on.

    ReplyDelete